The primary mission of the Commission on Women is to be an advocate for the interest of the entire community of women at the University of Arkansas. This community includes undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, administrators, and both classified and non-classified staff. To achieve its mission, the Commission:
- Advises and makes recommendations to the chancellor and the provost on issues related to women.
- Communicates and collaborates with other groups concerned with gender and diversity.
- Identifies issues critical to the environment of faculty, staff, and student women.
- Assesses the differential impact of all university policies on women.
- Proposes initiatives and strategies to ensure a supportive and welcoming environment.
- Educates the community about women’s issues.